Media and Publications

Welcome! We are an open and affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ. No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here! To visit or return to our website, click here: Website Home.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Advent Calendar 17: Sacred Spaces


We have invited people to share photo or memories of the sacred space or spaces in their lives. 

Sacred Space...This is a perfect picture of Mira playing with her cousins at Placerville Family Camp in SD.  I've gone more summers than not in my life to spend time with family, friends, and God.  For me there is no space more sacred than playing around and having fun in nature.  Even though this camp is only one week a year, I can always reflect on memories of my family and not going feels like I'm missing a part of me.  My mom probably has a picture that is more reflective of the natural beauty.

-- Kiira Russell

P.S.  Mira says that she is going to go to college at UNC Chapel Hill because it has a Chapel like Placerville (she is hilarious!)



Bear Creek, New Mexico near Silver City.   Rustic.   Quiet.   Peaceful.   No distractions.
-- Nancy Blatchley


No comments:

Post a Comment